Saturday, May 2, 2009

Matt

It has been just around half a year since my cousin Matt passed away in a car accident on his way to work. His death was the first one I have had to deal with having someone that close go away. Yes I have had grandparents, and friends from high school pass away but his death is and has been totally different. He was basically like my brother as we were growing up, we were within a year of age and liked to do the same things. Whether it was racing our motorcycles, playing sports, or picking on my sister we were always doing it together.

We both went skiing for the first time together and both of us hated it. We didn't know what to do and had to help each other get down the mountain. No matter what it was we were there together. As we got older my parents divorced and I moved away which led to not seeing each other as much.

We both started families and he had just started riding and racing again which meant we were seeing eachother more than we had years before. He had made some mistakes when we were teenagers but it was nice to see him happy and heading the right way. And of course he always found a way to make me laugh while we were out riding. I think about him every day since he has passed away and still even now feel like it is not real. It sucks he went away right when things where looking good for him, but I know he is in a better place waiting for the rest of us to get to the race.

I know he is going to be watching over us while he waits and he is definatley going to be watching the last supercross race tonight! Love ya and miss ya ridin homie!

No comments:

Post a Comment