Friday, May 8, 2009

Dr. Guerrero


Growing up out of my friends I was the last one who's parents were still together and not divorced. It seemed like every one of my friends and the majority of the rest of schools parents were divorced. To me it seemed like only a matter of time until mine were divorced just like everyone else. Eventually the day did come when my parents decided to go their separate ways when I was around 9-10 years old. I lived with my mom and my sister lived with my dad, it wasn't a nasty divorce like the stories you hear.


From that point on I realized that my percentage of having a long successful marriage was not that great, but I had tried to make it a point to myself that I would only marry once and do my best not to screw it up. Yes I understand people can change through out relationships and life for that matter but the day that 2 people decide to become 1 is and should be a special day that only happens once!


And yes some people do have their reasons to end it and they are good ones like; abuse both physically and mentally or any harm brought upon the safety of the family. Just to name a couple of examples. But in today's marriage it seems like there doesn't have to be a good reason to get divorced. To me it seems like if someone "changes their mind" in the relationship that's enough to get out of it. While I on the other hand think that if you said "I do" then that means I do forever. No matter how crazy your ass gets "I do" swear to stick by you and try to work it out or get through it!


But that's just me, I have been married to Ashley coming up on 3 years and yes we have had some hard times just like everyone else. But we never just gave up on what we originally started to be the rest of our lives. By no means are we the "perfect couple" but we both have the same mind set as we entered our life together. Having children also changes the situation both good and bad, but in our case we have Kylee and no matter how bad things get we want her to have the best and normal life she can.


Being divorced can be normal but it can also be very hard for children to understand or comprehend. Anyway I can ramble on about this for a while but just remember in tough times and you are married that is your partner that you pretty much picked out! Oh and by the way I do some counseling on the side if you have any other questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment