Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wabulance


If you havn't noticed already, I am into dirt bike riding and racing. Yes this can be a very dangerous sport with or without proper safety equipment, but it is highly addictive too!

If you do not have insurance it can be even more risky everytime you throw a leg over the bike, and racing you can pretty much double the odds of it not being the greatest idea. Now I don't race a whole lot and I do not have insurance, which on top of the nerves of racing makes it an even "better" experience.

The first thing I don't understand is how they expect a single working parent to be able to afford health insurance on top of all the other bills and neccesities? I will admit some people are better at budgiting their money than others, but the cost of insurance can be a little ridiculous. Next if the US is the greatest country in the world, then why can't they figure out a way to include health insurance for its citizens?

This may be truth and it may not, but I have heard that in Canada if you sign up for their national racing organization you automatically have health insurance that is included. Now what the hell?

I guess my only option is to "tough" it out through injuries until I can either afford insurance for my family, or our country finally does something for US! Yes in some cases "toughing" it out cannot be done because some injuries (especially dirt bike related) can only be fixed through doctors, surgeries, etc.

For example I already had a $30,000 accident without insurance! YEA tell me about it.... I WAS SCREEEEWWWED!

So here is my brake down

Cost to ride: $15.00
Accident Including Surgery: $30,000.00
Memories of accident: PRICELESS

1 comment:

  1. Sucks, man, sorry to hear it. With a broken left hand maybe you have an excuse for a Rekluse?

    Anyway, you can get health insurance for a family of 3 starting at about $250/mo with a $5000 yearly deductible-- and I found that in about two minutes of googling around.

    ReplyDelete