Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Race Report

First things first... Need to apologize to all the millions of you that I mislead with the Supercross TV air times. It seems my inside source lead me wrong and just wanted to apologize. Was a good last weekend I enjoyed. I spent time with the family giving Kylee rides on my dirt bike at least twice a day.

We also tried to take her to the Wildlife Sanctuary, but because my lack of GPS skills we ended up finding the damn place 20 minutes after it had closed. Although Kylee did get to see a Camel, I felt pretty bad getting her all excited with only disappointment to follow.

I also watched both the Supercross Lites, and Supercross Seattle races... And man was I disappointed. First the track was actually pretty technical, with the lines and faces changing every lap it made for good racing. Stewart and Reed were not 2 to 3 seconds a lap faster than the rest of the field this week!

Gate drops in the main and Reed is down in the first corner! Damn it! Bubba got through the first corner OK, but still had a bad start and also had to work his way through the field. Both Supercross stars had their work cut out for them trying to work through traffic on this track.

As the checkered flew it was the Flyin Freckle (Ryan Villopoto) taking his first career win, with Bubba in second, and Miiilllllsssaaaappps in third. Reed crossed the line in 7th losing valuable points to Bubba in the Championship chase.

With all the chaos in the race and crappy weather throughout the week I was dying to get on the bike and cut some fresh lines. Which is exactly what I did, and it was perfect!

Check back for more info on next weeks races... I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment