Tuesday, April 28, 2009

RACE REPORT

Last Sunday was the final race of the VDR Harescramble Series. Going into the season my goal was to improve my final standings from the year before. Last year I finished 5th in the Pro class so this year my goal was top 3. Heading into Sunday's race I sat 4th in points hoping to move up into 3rd.

The track, and weather were great on Sunday the only thing that sucked was the rider turnout. With 2 other races going on I knew it wouldn't be great but I didn't think it would be that bad either.

I got a descent start running 2nd the whole first lap. Around lap 2 my arms started pumping up and I had to pee pretty bad, and held off both until I was able to pit around an hour into the race. After my gas fill up and my urination let out the race was on. I thought I was running 3rd overall but didn't know the guy in 1st had problems causing him to drop out of the race. I set my sights on catching what I thought was 2nd, but was actually 1st. Came from around a minute down to only finishing 13 seconds behind him at the checkered!

Other that coming up just short I felt good and strong at the end of the race which is usually hard to do. Still waiting on the final year end standings and will update as soon as I know! Already can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. What? No shout out to the guy who poured gas in your tank while you peed on my shoe. Thanks for being a great pal.

    ReplyDelete