Friday, April 24, 2009

Pre Race Jitters!

It has almost been a month I have been waiting now to race the last VDR Harescramble! With 2 canceled dates it has been killing me to race and get the last one over with. At first I was excited and couldn't wait, but now only 2 days away (if they don't reschedule again) I am starting to get what my daughter would call BUUUTflies.

You would think after hundreds of races they wouldn't be there anymore, but it happens everytime sometimes worse than others. I am sure there are tons different sports and activities that have the same affect on its participants, and I am sure they feel the same way. But what is also weird about this PHENOMENON is every time the race starts they are gone instantly.

Some people say that if you have them it is not a good thing and that you need to be confident and relaxed before the race. I can agree with this but it is easier said than done. If I was lined up next to Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, and Chad Reed I am 100% positive they would not be worried about me beating them. Yea they may think can this guy even ride, but as far as racing me they wouldn't have a doubt in the world that they couldn't beat me.

Which leads to my next point.... Because they are so CONFIDENT I doubt any of the 3 would have butterflies. I on the other hand would probably be puking on whoevers boot would be lucky enough to line up next to me!

So here is my advise to anyone who experiences butterflies or pre race jitters. Go into whatever you are doing knowing you are the best and nothing can stop you. Be confident and let everything take its place... I am not saying if you think you are #1 your going to be champion, but if the sport you are doing requires extreme physical activity this may help your stamina and endurance in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, all you have to do is win ; ) how hard could that be!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete