Friday, June 5, 2009

Broooom Brooom Brrraaa


It is going on a couple weeks now that I am bike less AND DAMNIT I CAN'T EVEN SLEEP! I still have my bike, but she has been down on the operating table now for a while. Something has been going on in the transmission to where it will pop out of gear or down shift while I am riding.


I am not too picky on how "perfect" the bike is before or while I ride. It doesn't make any difference to me as long as I will not screw anything up worse or it is dangerous to ride. Riding is dangerous but there are also things that will make it even more if it is not working properly.


For example you are heading towards a decent sized table or double whatever suits you, but right when you get ready to take off the lip your bike pops into neutral or downshifts. This my friends is usually 95% effective on taking your ass out, throwing you into the air nose down and panic revved to hell. This is not like your typical wash out in a corner, this is bad new right from the start with little to nothing you can do to pull it out.


Luckily I had 2 close calls with the bike popping into neutral where I managed to stay as calm as I could and pop it back into gear allowing some "gyro" to try and pull the front up as much as I could. Some may not know but a panic rev is something that almost comes natural for any rider or any ability. It is almost like a self preservation mode... Whenever something isn't going the way it should you almost always hear a panic rev.


If you fly nose high tapping the rear brake will help bring your front back down and if your nose is low getting the rear wheel to spin more helps bring it up! (Just thought I'd throw in a little tip for ya)


Anyway I am excited to get out to the Berthoud Harescramble Awards tomorrow and get some riding in. And if you want some great race footage check out smith-offroad.com for a regular RMEC enduro race report and video! Hey dude watch out for them trees!

1 comment:

  1. My throttle got stuck or I had some run on or something, so I said hello to Mr. Tree.

    ReplyDelete