Friday, July 10, 2009

King of Pop Part 1


My wife and I were lucky enough to be apart of the Michael Jackson Memorial on July 7th in Los Angeles California. After he had passed away Ashley (my wife) found out they were having a "lottery" drawing that would give 8700 lucky fans or people the chance to attend the memorial. It didn't include airfare, hotel, food, or all expenses paid. It was just two seats guaranteed to say you were there. Getting there was a bit of a fiasco as we couldn't find plane tickets and of course didn't have the money to throw down either. After making several phone calls, we were lucky enough to have a good enough friend who helped us with the tickets (Arnie we love you). Once we got the tickets it was 9:45 a.m. and the plane departed DIA at 11:45 a.m. So right away we were on the road, but not without Ashley doing an interview for 9 news. Once on the way I managed to get pulled over in between Ft. Lupton and Brighton by the Chief of Police himself. I told him our story which I doubt he had ever heard that excuse because it is something that is and will only happen once in this life time. Luckily enough he must have been a Michael Jackson fan because after I was checked for outstanding warrants he let us go. We arrived at DIA at 11:15 a.m. after dropping our daughter Kylee of with grandma Lauren. Once again before we went through security Ashley and I had to do yet another interview this time with Fox 31. Through security and through the terminal we ran as our flight was about to take off. I beat Ashley to the gate only to have the B*@ch at the counter tell me we couldn't board the plane because we were 1 minute too late! Even though she had just let another passenger on right in front of us, I tried to explain our situation but she said we shouldn't have been late. Immediately I asked to speak with supervisor or manager while Ashley sat down and started crying... To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment